.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>
Mike McAlpine's Blog-Pond
Thursday, January 31, 2008
 

Bosna Express - Mediterranean Cuisine

I had almost given up on the thought of finding a mouth-watering Gyro in Grand Rapids. That is until I stumbled on the Bosna Express on 28th st. While slightly different than your traditional Gyro Sandwich, it blows the tzatziki off of places like Sammy's Gyros / Pita House. Great meat, shaved off the rotisserie, tomatoes, onion, and lettuce are folded in an interesting Pita-style bread that was so fresh it had to be homemade. The bread resembled a combination of pita with an english muffin texture, it was wonderful. The tzatziki (cucumber sauce) was likely homemade as well since it was different than your traditional but still very tasty. In short it was a big sandwich, that tastes great, for $6. I convinced this is the best traditional Gyro sandwich in GR. If you like this, you should also try the non-traditional Gyro at the Mediterranean Grill on East 28th st - always a favorite!
I went back a month later and it was even better the second time. This is a wonderful gyro sandwich. Put it on your list.

Food: 9 (I've only had the Gyro. I'd love to try more.)
Atmosphere: 7 (Nothing fancy but very clean.)
Service: 9 (friendly, and accomodating)

128 28th St SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49548
(616) 249-9395
Get directions

Labels:


Comments:
Listening to Grand Rapids people talk about gyros is like listening to a Puerto Rican talk about skiing.
 
I checked it out today. This place seems like the real deal. The waitress was Sabina. She had a strong accent whcih I can only assume was Bosnian. There were a lot of others speaking what appeared to be the native tongue as well. I felt a little left out. Anyway, the gyro was top notch, even though the bread was a little different than normal. It was very much pita like. The gyro was loaded with tasty meat. The sauce was excellent as well. I will definitely be back as I cross this path often. Btw, I snagged a half-dozen pitas on the way out. They were still warm......yum.
 
Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger